Cream Cheese Jalapeno Dip
Cream Cheese Jalapeno dip is quick and easy to make! Oven baked with a quick cook time this recipe has flavour and texture.
- 500 grams/ 1 lb cream cheese Note 3
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup red onion roughly chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos thinly sliced, Note 4
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Topping and or Garnish for Serving
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced, to garnish
- 1 tbs coriander (cilantro) finely chopped, to garnish
Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5.
Combine the ingredients: add cream cheese, Greek Yogurt, red onion, tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos, salt and pepper to a medium sized heatproof glass bowl.
Oven bake: place dip into the oven and bake for 10 mins. Use oven mits, to remove and stir to combine.
Return to oven: place the combined dip back into the oven and bake for a further 10 mins.
Remove from the oven: use oven mits to remove dip from oven, place on heatproof surface.
To serve: sprinkle over chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeno pieces. Serve warm with corn chips or crackers. Note 5
- Note 1 - Serving Bowl: I like to make this dip in a heatproof glass dish. It also doubles as a serving bowl and comes with a handy lid for sealing and refrigerating leftovers. Ensure your dish is oven safe and use oven mits as it will be hot coming out of the oven.
- Note 2 - Soup Spoon: this is to stir the dip together after the initial 10 minute cook time. The glass will be hot, so rest it on a heatproof surface. Use a tea towel or oven mit to hang on to the side of the bowl so that it doesn't move around as you stir the dip. Do the same (oven mits) to both return the dip to the oven as well as when you pull it out when cooked.
- Note 3 - Cream cheese: I use 2 x 250 gram tubs of cream cheese. It won't matter if you use the block or the tub (ie spreadable version or not), however, measure to the equivalent 500 gram amount.
- Note 4 - Jalapenos: keep the seeds in them! Some recipes like stuffed jalapenos call for them to be removed as to stuff them. Some recipes indicate to remove them to balance the heat. The heat (spiciness) of the chilli's in this recipe, is moderated through the cream cheese, yogurt and parmesan cheese combo. Leaving the chilli seeds in, gives us the flavour and texture that the dip calls for. Removing them would make the dip flavour too bland and not ticking all of our boxes.
- Note 5 - Serving the dip: I mention in the post that you can serve the dip warm or cold. As the dip cools, it firms up. Refrigerating the dip firms it even more. If serving the dip chilled, allow to come to room temperature, pop a spoon in to aid scooping and dolloping and serve with toasted corn chips.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 891IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 0.2mg