Air Fryer Jerk Chicken
Air Fryer Jerk Chicken is out of this world yum! Sizzled to juicy deliciousness, this jerk chicken is full of flavor and melts in your mouth!
Zip lock bag
- 1.7 kg whole raw chicken Note 1
- 1-2 tbsp jerk seasoning Note 2
- olive oil optional
Use a knife and chopping board to cut chicken into pieces (ie legs and thighs, breast and wings)
Combine spices for jerk seasoning
Add chicken pieces to a zip lock bag, sprinkle with jerk seasoning, seal bag and massage spices into chicken.
Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 20 mins (preheat for 5 mins if your model requires it)
Lightly spray Air Fryer basket with olive oil, then use tongs to place chicken pieces into basket
Cook for 10 mins, then pull basket towards you, rest on heat proof surface, use tongs to flip each piece of chicken to other side, push basket back in and cook for a further 10 mins
Serve with garlic yogurt sauce and herb salad
- Note 1 If you don't want to use a whole chicken and cut it up yourself, you can opt for chicken legs, breast, thighs or wings and follow the same instructions. If, however, you are game, it is worth every second to prepare the chicken for this delicious feast!
- Note 2 If you want to use store bought seasoning, no worries, that is fine to do! You won't find the exact combination if spices in a store bought version but they will be along the same lines (ish!).
- Note 3 Jerk seasoning: 1tsp hot chilli flakes, 1 tsp paprika, 1tspcumin, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 parsley, ½ tsp ginger, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp salt, 2 tbsp brown sugar
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 586IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg