Cold Stuffed Tomatoes
Cold Stuffed Tomatoes are a 5 minute appetizer that look impressive! These no bake stuffed tomatoes free you up to get the party sorted!
- 2 cups tomatoes Note 1
- 1 cup bocconcini balls Note 2
- ½ cup basil pesto Note 3
- balsamic glaze Note 4
Use a knife and chopping board to slice the top off each tomato
Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and juice of each tomato (then discard) Note 5
Use a teaspoon to dollop a small amount (¼ teaspoon ish) into the base of each emptied tomato
Pop a bocconcini ball into each tomato
Drizzle each stuffed tomato with balsamic glaze (just a touch)
- Note 1 Go for tomatoes that are in between the size of cherry tomatoes and standard tomatoes to fit the cheese balls in. You will need 12-14 tomatoes, 1 for each bocconcini ball.
- Note 2 I purchase the cheese balls in the tub with the liquid (which gets discarded). The size on the tub is about 250 grams from memory. You will only need 1 tub for the recipe, unless you want to make a double batch.
- Note 3 To make this recipe super quick so that it can be whipped up in 5 minutes, I use store bought basil pesto, the 'dip' type, in the fridge section. If I have homemade pesto in the fridge, I often use that, you can do whichever you have time for!
- Note 4 Balsamic glaze is much thicker than balsamic vinegar, it will be in a small squeezy bottle in the same area of the store as the vinegars. I don't recommend using balsamic vinegar for this recipe as it will make the tomatoes soggy!
- Note 5 If you look at the pictures, you will see that I use a small bowl when I do this. It helps as it contains all the messy stuff and then can be simply discarded.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg