Caprese Salad is an Italian Salad that is quick and simple! With a fresh feel this salad has a zingy balsamic glaze dressing!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes Note 1
- 220 grams mozzarella balls drained, not rinsed, Note 2
- ½ bunch basil pull leaves from stems
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze Note 3
Use a knife and chopping board to slice each of the cherry tomatoes in half.
Use the same knife and chopping board to slice the mozzarella balls in half.
Gently pull the basil leaves from the stems and discard stems.
Begin platting and season the tomatoes with salt and pepper Note 4
Add sliced mozzarella balls to the tomato and drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle the basil leaves over the tomato and cheese evenly
Use a honey dipper to drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze, serve immediately
- Note 1 I use 2 x 500 gram punnets of cherry tomatoes, which measure approximately 2 cups.
- Note 2 The mozzarella balls will be in a small tub in the fridge section at the store, where the other cheeses are. If you can't find it, you can use bocconcini balls instead. They are a cream based mozarella and very similar.
- Note 3 For the balsamic glaze, drizzle only the slightest amount on the salad itself and have the rest of it there for people to add more. It is a strong flavour and some people will need time to work up to it.
- Note 4 I encourage very little 'stirring' with this salad as it is all so fragile. It is better to plate and season lightly, than to combine in a bowl.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg