Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken Thighs are easy to do! The chicken thighs are tender, juicy and delicious! Slow cooked with mushroom, bacon, leek sauce.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- 500 grams chicken thighs boneless
- 6 garlic cloves peeled, Note 3
- 300 grams bacon diced
- ½ tbsp dried onion Note 4
- 200 grams mushrooms Note 1
- 1 leek
- 200 ml pear cider Note 2
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken
Add olive oil to a medium sauce pan at a medium heat.
Place chicken thighs flat on one side and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan, a splash of cider, the garlic, dried onion and bacon and brown off. Turn thighs over after 4 mins to cook each side.
Add the chicken and other ingredients from the base of the pan, scrap any juices into slow cooker. Pour in cream and cider. Top with leeks.
Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hrs on low.
Serve with spinach and rice.
- Note 1, I often buy sliced mushrooms for ease and convince. Whilst I enjoy slicing mushrooms and it is super easy using a mandolin, it is also incredibly easy to cut yourself! Sometimes saving time and taking the easy option makes cooking and life that much easier!
- Note 2 You can use wine or chicken stock as alternatives to cider. I love cooking with cider and tried it out one day years ago when I had no wine to cook with (no wine, that sounds like a sad day, doesn't it). Now, I use it all the time. It is delicious in risottos as well!
- Note 3 if you don't have garlic bulbs, I don't recommend using minced garlic or garlic powder for this recipe. It is more about the texture and the end soft taste of garlic achieved through a long cook that would be skipped if you use an alternative. It would be better to leave it out.
- Note 4, what I am talking about here is onion flakes or dried onion. You will find it in the spices section of the grocery store, where the cracked pepper and salt are in a packet, not bottle. I love cooking with this as no peeling and crying involved!
Calories: 813kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 69g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 241mg | Sodium: 622mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1230IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.9mg