Tuna Spaghetti is for dinner. This Quick and Easy Tuna Spaghetti Recipe is a creamy delicious bowl of goodness. It will be on your table in 15 minutes!
- 400 grams egg spaghetti
- 1 tsp olive oil to cook pasta
- 200 grams tuna drained
- 4 cups spinach leaves loosely packed
- 1 cup heavy dollop cream
- 1 cup left over pasta water Note 1
- ½ cup capers
- ¼ cup parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp pepper cracked, black, to garnish
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese to serve
Fill a medium sized saucepan with water, place the lid on and bring to the boil (NOTE 2)
Remove lid and add pasta with olive oil splash
Cook spaghetti, using a fork to separate for 8 minutes, until al dente. Remove from pan, drain and keep 1 cup leftover pasta water
Add cream and water to the saucepan at a simmer, (NOTE 3) stir to combine.
Add tuna, spinach, capers and stir
Add spaghetti to the sauce and continue to stir until pasta coats sauce
Serve with cracked pepper, parsley and parmesan cheese
- NOTE 1 tap water can be used instead of the pasta water if preferred
- NOTE 2: Having the lid on the saucepan when heating the water will mean it heats much faster. I sometimes also boil the kettle and use that water when I am in a hurry.
- NOTE 3: Simmer is a term for a low heat for cooking. The water and cream need to melt in together and not burn, so a low heat is best and will achieve this.
Calories: 651kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4060IU | Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3.7mg