Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms are a classic appetizer! With a simple filling these oven baked mushrooms are quick and easy!
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- 500 grams button mushrooms or brown mushrooms
- ½ bunch shallots finely chopped
- 300 grams diced bacon
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg free range, whisked
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil for brushing
- 1 tsp garlic salt optional
Panko Breadcrumb Mix
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ bunch parsley curly leaf or flat leaf
Baked Stuffed Mushroom instructions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
Use a pastry brush to flick off any dirt on your mushrooms, then remove stems and set aside (use diced in another dish).
Spread bacon and shallots on the baking paper, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Use another piece of paper to spread diced mushrooms onto and place side by side in the baking tray with the bacon and shallot mix
Place the baking tray into the oven. The diced mushroom will cook in 5 minutes, the bacon and shallots 10 mins.
Mix together olive oil and garlic salt. Use pastry brush to coat the caps of all of your mushrooms
In a mixing bowl add Parmesan cheese and whisked egg to bacon and shallots and stir to combine
Stuff mushrooms with stuffing mix
Sprinkle breadcrumb mix over mushrooms
Bake for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly toasted
- You can use the same stuffing mix to stuff mushrooms of all sizes. This recipe quantity will make 4 large stuffed mushrooms
- Flat leaf parsley or parsley works for the herb in the breadcrumb mix
- I buy the diced bacon for this recipe as it makes that step EASIER! Knock your socks off if you want to buy and dice yourself.
- Don't rinse the mushrooms before using, rather, use a pastry brush to clean any dirt off
- Omit bacon for a vegetarian option
- Can omit garlic salt of you don't have it (it is not that common a spice that everyone will have it in their spice rack) Don't use normal salt instead as it is the garlic moreso than the salt flavour we are going for.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 0.5mg