Ham Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Ham Cream Cheese Roll Ups make the perfect appetizer! Get your party started with Ham and Cream Cheese Pinwheels with fresh tortillas.
1 Mixing bowl
1 Soup Spoon
1 Chopping board
1 Butter Knife
1 Cling Wrap
1 Sharp Knife
- 4 large tortillas Note 1
- 600 grams shredded ham Note 2
- 250 grams cream cheese Note 3
- ½ cup parmesan cheese Note 4
- 8 Gherkins chopped into pieces
- ½ teaspoon black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine cream cheese, ham, gherkins, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Use a spoon to stir till consistently combined.
Working one by one, lay a tortilla onto a chopping board. Dollop with ham cream cheese mixture and then use a butter knife to spread into a layer.
Start at the base of the tortilla and roll into a tight log. Wrap in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
Remove from freezer, discard cling wrap and use a sharp knife and chopping board to cut into individual roll ups.
- Note 1 There is variety available at the store for these. You will find white, wholemeal/wholegrain and spinach/herb flavours. If you have pale ingredients, it is a good idea to use the green ones as they give a great contrast to the filling.
- Note 2 Store bought shredded ham is a great ingredient to use! There is no chopping or effort involved. Simply combine the ham with the cream cheese mixture and stir. If substituting bacon for the ham, you will need to cook it before adding to the filling mixture.
- Note 3 Grab this out to start with. It is a thick solid cheese, so having it at room temperature to start with will allow it to soften.
- Note 4 Most parmesan cheese will be sold with a scale on the front. This is the strength of the cheese/flavour. Go for a bold, strong cheese.
- Note on serving size and portions: This recipe will easily make 24 individual roll ups if you use 4 x large tortillas and cut each of those into 6 pieces.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg