Garlic Prawn Spaghetti
Garlic Prawn Spaghetti is a quick and easy recipe perfect any night! Succulent prawns, crispy garlic and al-dente pasta are a dream combo.
- 500 grams dried spaghetti Note 1
- 10 cloves garlic skin peeled, end cut off
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8-16 prawns peeled, head removed, tail intact Note 2
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes reduce this amount to ½ teaspoon or 1 teaspoon if not a chilli fan
- parmesan cheese
- salt Note 3
- cracked pepper to season
Use a knife and chopping board to thinly slice the garlic into pieces
Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions
Use a knife and chopping board to prepare the prawns. Start by twisting to remove the heads, peeling the shell from the body and slice down the back to remove devein the prawns
Add olive oil, sliced garlic, red chilli flakes and raw prawns to the saucepan. Cook for 3- 4 minutes at a medium heat. Note 4
Drain spaghetti, reserving ½ cup of pasta water
Remove cooked prawns and garlic from saucepan, pour in pasta water and add prawn garlic mix back in. Stir till heated through
Plate and garnish with parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and parsely
- Note 1 I find this recipe works best with a long pasta that you can twirl. So I recommend spaghetti, fettucine or linguine.
- Note 2 I like to aim for around 3-4 prawns per person. This way combined with the pasta it is a hearty meal with protein and carbs, but it is not overdoing it too much. You can obviously use less ie 2-3 per person.
- Note 3 The salt is added to the water when we cook the pasta.
- Note 4 The prawns will be cooked when they turn a light pink/orange colour. Try not to over cook them as they will be rubbery if overcooked.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 594IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg