Lime Yogurt Sauce
Lime Yogurt Sauce is a citrus sauce with serious tang! Perfect for serving with fish tacos, chicken or Mexican dishes, it is quick and easy!
Hand held grater
- 1 cup Greek yogurt Note 1
- 1 lime zest and juice of Note 2
- 3 cloves garlic skin peeled, end cut off
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
Add garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor with the dice blade and blitz for 2-3 seconds
Add Greek yogurt and lime zest, place the lid on the food processor and blitz to combine
Remove the lid of the food processor, taste the sauce, squeeze ½ lime 3-4 times into the sauce, taste again, place the lid back on and blitz for 2-3 seconds till combined
Use a hand held grater and chopping board to zest the lime, cut lime in half and set aside Note 3
- Note 1 You can use full fat or low fat Greek Yogurt.
- Note 2 We use the zest of the full lime and the juice of ½ the lime
- Note 3 The recipe calls for using only ½ of the lime for juicing. Technically this is 3-4 squeezes of the lime into the sauce. Taste as you go and add more if you wish. The citrus, however, can be very tart and over power the subtle of the sauce, so my recommendation is the 3-4 squeezes. Don't juice the lime separately and pour all that juice in as it will be too much! You really need to taste this one as you go.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg