Air Fryer Salmon with Skin
Air Fryer Salmon with skin is a perfect dinner recipe any night of the week! Get a dinner on the table in 15 mins!
- 2 fillets salmon with skin Note 1
- Parsley Yogurt Sauce optional, Note 2
- cracked pepper to serve
Cut 2 strips of baking paper to fit the fillet size and lay flat in the Air Fryer Basket. Note 3
Place salmon fillets onto the baking paper with skin side down
Turn the Air Fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 15 mins (allow 5 mins to preheat if your model requires it) Note 4
Cook the salmon for 7 mins, then pull the basket towards you and rest on a heat proof surface. Use tongs to flip the salmon to skin side up and remove the baking paper
Cook for an additional 6-7 mins, checking skin visually once or twice Note 5
Serve immediately with sauce and salad.
- Note 1 There are multiple different ways to purchase salmon at the grocery store. Fillets like the ones you see in the photos are generally a good option as they come frozen in a big bag and are economical. The fresh salmon in the deli areas or fish shop works too, but is more expensive. So if you are going to be eating it regularly, I recommend the budget friendly purchase!
- Note 2 The sauce shown in the photos is my homemade Parsley Yogurt Sauce, a truly delicious pairing! Use homegrown herbs if you have.
- Note 3 You will be doing this with the Air Fryer basket in front of you on a heatproof surface to avoid the paper flying around in there on its own. The fish goes onto the paper before the basket gets pushed back in.
- Note 4 I know technically it make confuse people to get started before turning the Air Fryer on. But you have to do it this way as the Air Fryer is not like a traditional oven, where you heat and then add dishes. If you put baking paper into it and shut the basket, it would fly up and burn. It needs to be weighed down by the fish. So cut the paper, pop the fish on there, close the basket, then press the buttons (no fire, no burning and it is under control!)
- Note 5 You can test to see if the salmon is cooked in a couple of ways. When you are learning to use your Air Fryer, use a knife to cut near the centre and see that the flesh is fully light pink, cooked and not raw (it will be the same colour as the rest of the salmon). Once done, you will know how long it takes to cook in your Air Fryer. 15 mins is a good ball park. For the skin, you can lightly touch the top of it with your finger, it should feel dry, not moist and the colour should be moving towards brown/black. Once the salmon has been removed from the Air Fryer it sets into a crispy delicious, out of this world yum taste!
Calories: 241kcal | Protein: 34g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 833mg | Vitamin A: 68IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg