Basil Yogurt Sauce
Basil Yogurt Sauce is a fresh creamy sauce that works with EVERYTHING! Thick and fragrant, this sauce uses fresh basil and a little garlic!
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt can use low fat
- 2 cups basil leaves Note 1
- 2-3 cloves garlic skin peeled and end removed
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper to the food processor with dice blade, plus for 2-3 seconds to blitz
Remove the lid of the food processor, dollop in yogurt, place the lid back on and blitz for 2-3 seconds (or until consistently combined)
Recipe makes 1 cup of sauce and will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days (sealed air tight container) The sauce is not suitable to freeze
- Note 1 If using store bought basil, I recommend using the stems and leaves of the basil. This is because the stems are very soft. When growing basil and harvesting regularly the basil stems get thicker and tougher. When I am using homegrown basil, I use the leaves and stems only if they are the thinner more soft stems (discard any thick stems).
Calories: 12kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 212IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg