Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Lemon Yogurt Sauce is a zesty citrus sauce with serious tang! This is quick and easy sauce pairs well with chicken.
Hand held grater
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 lemon zest of
- ½ lemon juice of (2-3 squeezes)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 3 cloves garlic skin peeled and end removed
Add garlic cloves to the food processor and blitz for 2-3 seconds (till minced) Note 1
Use a chopping board and handheld grater to zest the lemon skin Note 2
Remove the lid of the food processor, add Greek Yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon zest, replace lid and blitz for 2-3 seconds to combine
Remove the lid of the food processor, squeeze the lemon half 2-3 times, remove any pips that drop in using a spoon, place the lid back on and blitz to combine
Taste. Add more lemon juice as desired Note 3
Recipe makes 1 cup, will keep in the fridge (sealed container) for 7-10 days.
- Note 1 I am very specific about doing the garlic in the food processor (mincing it as the 1st step). This is because if you added all ingredients at the same time and tried to blitz, the thick texture of the yogurt would prevent the blades from mincing the garlic and you would end up with a volume of the yogurt with 3 whole raw solid garlic cloves in it (yuck!) So do follow this step as is, to ensure the recipe 'works' for you.
- Note 2 I prefer using a box type grater to get the skin from the lemon as I always get more bang for my buck than when I use a specific zester (which has smaller blades). we zest the full lemon (and use all that skin).
- Note 3 We only use 2-3 squeezes of the fresh lemon juice. It would be far too tart to add more lemon juice. However, taste after adding the juice (and blitzing to combine) and squeeze in more juice if you like!
Calories: 16kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg