Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
Cilantro Lime Yogurt sauce is the sauce you need in your life! A simple combo of herbs, garlic and creamy yogurt delivers taste, texture and pure yum.
- 2 cups cilantro (coriander) leaves and stems
- 1 lime zest of Note 1
- ½ lime juice of, Note 2
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- ¼ tsp salt Note 3
- ¼ tsp pepper
Use a grater and chopping board to zest the lime Note 4
Add cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper to the food processor and blitz for 4-5 seconds
Add Greek yogurt to garlic herb mix and blitz for 2-3 seconds to combine
Add lime zest and blitz again to combine
Squeeze ½ lime into sauce and blitz for 2-3 seconds
Store in the fridge in an air tight container for 7-10 days
- Note 1 I use a traditional hand held box grater when zesting citrus fruit. As I find traditional zester doesn't get as much from the fruit that I want to use. I did experiment for this recipe in peeling (with a grater) the skin off the fruit and then adding to the food processor, however even my very sharp blades would not finely chop the lime skin. So the method that works is grating or finely zesting the skin of the lime and adding that to the mix. If you have a look at my ingredients photo you will see the texture of the lime skin we need. (As no one wants to bite into big bits of something that they have to chew in a creamy sauce).
- Note 2 We zest the whole lime and add that to the sauce. But we only use ½ of the lime juice. Taste as you go, but the whole lime would be far too tart in flavor.
- Note 3 We only need to smallest amount of salt and pepper. This seasons the recipe, but allows the other ingredients to shine.
- Note 4 We are going to let the lime in to this recipe! We grate the whole skin of 1 lime and add that (it gets chopped in the food prosecco with the garlic) and we then use the juice of the remaining lime. Don't measure the juice, literally slice the lime in 2, discard any pips, then squeeze into the sauce (check again for pips and discard).
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg