White Wine Pasta Sauce
White Wine Pasta Sauce is the only sauce you need! Make a simple spaghetti any night of the week with a sweet wine sauce that is fuss free.
White Wine Pasta Sauce
- 750 ml sweet white wine Note 1
- 2-3 tbsp minced garlic Note 2
- ⅓ cup olive oil Note 3
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Add garlic, salt and pepper to a skillet and turn to a low heat
Pour in the white wine, stir it through the garlic salt and pepper, then remove the spoon and let the ingredients come to the boil
Once at boiling point, pour in the olive oil and stir again, allow the sauce to come to the boil again Note 4
Stir through freshly cooked pasta
Garnish with cracked pepper, chopped parsley and parmesan cheese
- Note 1 The white wine that I recommend for the recipe is a sweet wine. I used a 750ml bottle of Pinot Gris and it was a New Zealand brand. It is a light, sweet wine and it brings that flavour to the sauce. When choosing a wine, look for one that is sweet not savory tasting and is light in fragrance.
- Note 2 I recommend using freshly minced garlic that has been preserved with olive oil and a little salt. We don't add oil to the pan in the initial step as we want the garlic to cook in the sweetness of the wine. So use either garlic that you mince yourself or the freshest minced garlic you can get.
- Note 3 It is an important step to see as you read the instructions that we don't add the oil at the start of the cook time like so many recipes where we use oil. We want the wine to cook the garlic, not the oil and so the oil is added after the wine has been brought to the boil, for thickening the consistency of the sauce ever so subtly, as well as providing texture to the sauce.
- Note 4 if you are using the sauce straight away stirred through pasta, you can skip bringing the sauce to the boil for the 2nd time and simply pour the oil in and stir. This is because when you then stir the sauce through the freshly cooked pasta, the heat of the pasta, will be enough to heat the sauce as it melts into the dish.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg