Blue Cheese Yoghurt Dip
Blue Cheese Yogurt Dip has serious creaminess! A blue cheese dip without sour cream to pair with steak, crudités, wine and more!
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt Note 1
- 200 grams Blue Cheese Note 2
- 1 tbsp dried onion Note 3
- 1 tsp garlic powder Note 4
Add blue cheese, Greek yogurt, dried onion and garlic powder to the bowl of a food processor using the dice blade
Blitz for 5-10 seconds to combine Note 5
Serve with vegetable sticks and or pita chips
- Note 1 I use full fat Greek Yogurt most of the time. I find the low fat version to be slightly less thick in consistency. Either version is totally fine and you can choose your preferred type of yogurt.
- Note 2 I use a 200 gram ½ wheel of blue cheese for this dip. I use almost all of it IN the dip, but I also save a few of the cheese crumbs/blobs for on top of the dip. I find it is better to buy the half wheel for this recipe as I recommend a wet type of blue cheese (or your preferred) and once cut if you use a whole wheel, some of the cheese will goop on out, which is fine but not practical for other use, ie on a cheese board.
- Note 3 I don't recommend using real onion (vegetable) if you can't find dried onion flakes. You could use onion powder, or omit. Real onion is too harsh, raw and potent for the tangy cheesy dip combo.
- Note 4 I also don't recommend using real garlic for this dip. The powder is much more subtle with a mild taste. Use dried, ground, garlic powder or omit.
- Note 5 The goal for the texture of the dip is a little chunky, so only blitz for enough time to combine the ingredients not whip them.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 1mg