Artichoke Spaghetti with lemon and spinach is an easy pasta recipe perfect for weeknights! A simple lemon cream sauce makes for fuss free spaghetti!
Fry pan or (French Pan)
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 560 grams grilled artichokes Note 2
- 2 lemons Note 3
- 1 cup light cooking cream Note 4
- 2 cups spinach leaves Note 5
- ½ cup capers Note 6
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- cracked pepper to garnish
Place a medium sauce pan on the stove, fill it with water and cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
Add cooked pasta and pasta water to a large fry pan or french pan.
Pour cream into fry pan and stir to combine
Squeeze lemons over the pan, to add fresh lemon juice, discard any seeds from the lemons.
Add artichokes to spaghetti and cook till warmed through
Serve with fresh spinach, capers, parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 You can use your favourite pasta for this recipe! Spaghetti, penne, tagliatelle, fettuccine and linguine all work well with the textures and combination of flavours.
- Note 2 To make this recipe as simple and fuss free as we can, we use jarred grilled artichokes. They are usually sold in approximately 280gram - 300 gram sizes. 1 jars is plenty for 2 people, or 2 if serving 4 people. We drain and discard the liquid.
- Note 3 I am a fan of bottle lemon juice and it is handy for some recipes. For this recipe, however, the fresh lemons work best. They bring that zesty fresh flavour that you only get from fresh lemons.
- Note 4 Light or full fat cream works. I use the 'cooking cream' version.
- Note 5 Fresh spinach leaves are best for this recipe. You can add them with the artichokes and stir through till wilted, or serve fresh and uncooked.
- Note 6 Drain and discard the liquid (brine) from the capers. It has a very salty taste and is good to preserve the capers, but is not needed in the recipe.
Calories: 642kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1158mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2837IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 4mg