Pesto Penne with walnut crumb is a delicious vegetarian pasta dinner recipe. With either homemade pesto or store bought this pesto pasta recipe is perfect for no fuss weeknight cooking!
- 500 grams penne pasta Note 1
- 1 cup pesto Note 2
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- parmesan cheese to garnish, Note 3
- cracked black pepper to garnish and taste
Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and discard liquid.
Place walnuts into a zip lock bag and use a spoon to smash them into small pieces (crumbs)
Add the cooked pasta to a sauce pan at a medium heat.
Spoon pesto into cooked pasta and stir to combine. Cook till pesto is heated through.
Add walnut crumb and stir to combine
Serve with parmesan cheese and cracked pepper
- Note 1 Penne is the tubular pasta that you see in the photos here. It is about 2 inches long and a common pasta variety. You can however, use your favourite pasta. this recipe will work with just about any pasta!
- Note 2 I used basil pesto for this recipe (also on the blog). You can try this, the Rocket and Cashew Pesto or store bought If using store bought pesto, I recommend the dip variety (with great chunky texture).
- Note 3 Go for the parmesan cheese that is extra sharp and bold. It really makes a difference and is very tasty!
Calories: 736kcal | Carbohydrates: 99g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 587mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2mg