Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Wings
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are finger licking, set and forget food! Quick, easy and delicious succulent juicy wings!
Honey BBQ Chicken Wing recipes
- 800 grams chicken wings Note 1
- ½ cup BBQ sauce Note 2
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbs sriracha sauce Note 3
- sesame seeds Note 4
- shallots to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings (Slow Cooker)
Make the marinade by combining BBQ sauce, honey and sriracha in a glass jug and whisk to combine.
Spray the base of your Slow Cooker (Crockpot) and use kitchen tongs to transfer the wings into the bowl. Note 5
Season the wings with salt and pepper. Place the lid on an cook for 1.5 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low.
Line a baking dish with paper and a wire rack.
Place the cooked chicken wings onto the rack and use a pastry brush to coat each wing with the BBQ marinade
Sprinkle sesame seeds onto the sauce over each wing
Place rack under the broiler for 10 mins, keeping a close eye on it. Sesame seeds will turn a light brown shade and chicken skin will caramelize.
Garnish with sliced shallots.
Serve with a salad, side dish or on their own.
- Note 1 You can buy the chicken wings in a whole piece and cut them into 3 OR you can purchase chicken wing nibblets where they have already been cut for you. This makes them SO easy and I love the convenience.
- Note 2 the BBQ marinade will stretch to cover up to 1kg of wings. Double it if you need to make 1kg plus wings.
- Note 3 This sauce has some kick to it!! The BBQ sauce mellows it especially when combined with the honey. So give it a go, as you will likely love the depth and extent of character in the sauce through this spicy but not mouth on fire flavour.
- Note 4 Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the chicken once you have brushed the wings with the BBQ sauce. They will stick easily. They can also be used as a guide when you have placed the wings under the broiler as the seeds will toast and their colour change inform you that the stick wings are ready!
- Note 5 Lay your wings flat so that they are not on top of each other.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg