These oven baked garlic mushrooms are a perfect side dish for any dinner party. They are easy to make and are extremely tasty. This dish is vegan.
- 500 g mushroom cups
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic see notes - the larger style, not the small minced version
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 1 cup rocket leaves argula in USA
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a flat baking tray with grease proof paper
Prep your mushrooms by using a pastry dish to flick off any dirt
In a small bowl add oil, thyme, salt and pepper, stir to combine
Cut a couple of the medium sized mushrooms in half and a couple of the larger sized mushrooms in quarters.
Brush the seasoning mix over each mushroom or piece liberally, then place on the baking tray.
Bake for 15 minutes
Serve with fresh rocket leaves and garnish with pine nuts
- If your baking tray has slits in it, use another tray underneath it on a different rack. You will find that some of the oil will drip through the cracks otherwise and you don't want to spend your days cleaning your oven all the time!
- I buy my mushrooms in a packet most of the time as the grocery store near me always has good ones. You can obviously also purchase the loose mushroom cups of the same quantity.
- If purchasing loose mushies, then grab a variety of sizes (all still cup mushrooms though), so that you can have some halves and quarters in the mix of a slightly different size.
- I use himalayan salt for everything these days and I don't often have normal salt at home. If you can't find it (it is pink), then use normal salt from a grinder (is is fresher and nicer that way).
Serving: 0g | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 8.8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.3mg