Recipe for a simple easy and delightful looking chia pudding. You can make these for breakfast or dessert and tick the 'healthy' food option for the rest of the day!
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds any colour
- 1 tbsp honey agave syrup if you are vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla essence more if you want it sweeter tasting
- 1 cup coconut shaved and dried
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup goji berries
Pour the Almond Milk into a glass bowl. Add the Chia seeds and stir for 5 minutes. Ensure that all of the seeds are thoroughly mixed in with the milk.
Add the honey and vanilla essence to the milk mix and stir to combine, then cover with glad wrap and refrigerate over night
Place the pistachios in a zip lock bag, seal, then bang with a spoon to break into smaller pieces.
Place the coconut and pistachios into a non stick fry pan, toast, till the coconut is light brown
Add the goji berries to a small bowl. When cool, add the coconut and nut mix to bowl and stir to combine
- The quantity here will make a decent amount of the sprinkles. Store the leftovers in a zip lock bag in the fridge to have on hand when needed.
- There are all types of consistencies for chia puddings. This one is not as thick as a mousse. Its texture is closer to that of a milk shake.
- To make a thicker pudding, add more chia seeds before leaving overnight.
- VEGAN option: omit the honey and use agave syrup instead
- Sweeter option - add more of the honey/agave and or vanilla essence
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 456mg | Iron: 3.2mg