Skin on Roast Potatoes
Skin on Roast Potatoes because who has time to peel potatoes!! These rosemary and thyme oven roasted potatoes recipe are the best ever side dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Skin On Roast Potatoes
- 1 kg red potatoes Note 1
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced, Note 2
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary dried
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- fresh rosemary to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste Note 3
Mustard Yoghurt (Hot)
- 1/3 cup greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp hot English mustard Note 6
Skin on Roast Potatoes
Preheat oven to 200°c/400°F, gas 6
Combine olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and stir through
Cut potatoes in half Note 4
Line a baking dish with non stick paper
Place the potatoes cut side down on baking tray
Use a pastry brush to coat the potatoes halves in the herb oil mix, repeat for each one
Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Remove from oven, use tongs to rotate the potatoes around so the cut side is facing up. Use the brush again to coat each potato with the oil mix
Return to the potatoes to the oven and continue to roast for another 1 hr 10 mins.
Serve with fresh rosemary, salt, pepper and mustard yoghurt (optional)
Combine mustard and yoghurt in small bowl and stir to combine
- Note 1 I used baby red potatoes. Versions of them are called Ruby Lou (Australia), Pontiac (United States of America). Most standard types of potatoes work for this recipe in the way that we are roasting them.The white potatoes are generally called russet potatoes. Sweet Potato would be slightly different due to size/shape. You can use white potatoes if you choose also.
- Note 2 I am using Australian tablespoons. The 1/2 tbsp measure is 10ml.
- Note 3 I almost always use Himalayan pink salt these days.
- Note 4 Cut the potatoes across the mid section so the 2 halves are shorter than they are long
- Note 5 The size of your baking tray won't matter too much, just make sure each potato half is flat and they are not on top of each other or piled up.
- Note 6 another option is to use a milder mustard like djion mustard, or American mustard .
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg