Tomato Spaghetti is for dinner! Similar to our tuna spaghetti this quick and easy tomato spaghetti recipe is one you will make on an insanely regular basis! This recipe is vegetarian and is SO delicious!
Our Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese is the easiest 'set and forget' meal ever!! The Rocket Pesto Pasta is light and zesty and the Bacon Pesto Pasta or Pesto Penne with walnut crumb are perfect for no fuss dinners!
Tomato Spaghetti is for dinner!
Hello, my friends, how are you?
Life is FAST. It is action packed, we don't have time for all the things we want to do. Cooking included. I feel with a bit of brainpower we can make the most of the time we do have.
For another super quick pasta, try the Artichoke Spaghetti recipe.
15 minutes to your table
I kid you not that you can whip up this dish in 15 minutes. It is crazy how easy this recipe is.
You can add this tomato spaghetti to your meal plan once a week as it is a reliable dish that delivers every time!
The best thing is though, IT TASTES DELICIOUS. Look forward to the best type of comfort food you have ever tried!
If you want a spaghetti with a little more oomph, try the Bacon Spaghetti.
This recipe is about flavour. Simple flavours that work well together using easy to prepare ingredients.
Pasta is such a versatile and enjoyable ingredient to work with. This vegetarian tomato spaghetti will tick the Meatless Monday box in your diary.
I have been making this tomato sauce for pastas and meatballs for years now. I made it from scratch at home one weekend long ago when I was standing in front of the pantry STARVING but also not wanting to get in my car to get a meal.
Adding a few of the right spices takes this dish from simple to DELICIOUS and it is so easy once you know which ingredients to combine.
This tomato sauce is also perfect for meatballs, lasagna, casseroles and baked dishes
How to make Tomato Spaghetti
Garlic is such a typical ingredient to use with pasta. It's because the 2 so good together!! We use fresh chunks of garlic in this recipe and it brings the yum factor to your bowl.
Fresh peeled garlic is best so you can chop it and add to the sauce bringing flavour and texture
I love using garlic as it is such a tasty ingredient. It pairs really well with the tomato sauce flavours and looses the harshness that people usually associate with the vegetable.
Vegan about it
I love being about to share with you guys how to change one or two ingredients in my recipes to make the dish vegan (where possible of course). Again with this dish, I am happy to let you know that the parmesan is the ingredient you need to switch out to a vegan cheese to maintain your vegan lifestyle. That is it my friends, one simple ingredient!
About the recipe:
- The dish can be served hot or cold
- The recipe is vegetarian
- This dish will be on the table in 15 minutes
- This is a perfect week night pasta dish
To answer your questions:
- You can freeze and reheat this dish
- Any type of pasta works with this sauce
- For a vegan option, omit the parmesan cheese
- This is an EASY dinner recipe to make
The whole family will love this easy tomato spaghetti, combine it with garlic bread for those extra hungry mouths!
I haven't yet told you guys, that THIS IS ONE POT DISH. That results in less cleaning up right! (PHEW!)
You literally use the saucepan to cook the pasta, remove that and reuse it to make the sauce, stick the pasta back in there and stir it all together. YAY for a clean kitchen!
This is the type of recipe you want up your sleeve for those nights you are already home, don't want to go out again, but don't want to slave away in the kitchen preparing for hours on end!!
Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in the pan before adding the spaghetti back in and stir to combine.
It's your therapist talking
I know I never had a brilliant idea for dinner when I walked into the grocery store. I also know that the larger and more random my trolley goods were at the end of a shop usually told me how much planning I had put into meals that week.
Meal prep is key. It is the same as leaving your work clothes out the night before or your school uniform for kids. A few simple things that we can do makes things more manageable.
Having the ingredients in the pantry for this recipe means you don't have to run out and get any when you need a meal for the family right then and there.
You will be thanking me when you are sticking your fork into that pasta and twirl, twirl, twirling!!
Parsley and parmesan = YUM!
Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, here are some further recipes you might like to try:
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Spaghetti
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Sausage Spaghetti
- 500 grams thin egg spaghetti or regular spaghetti
- 1 tsp oil olive
- 4 cloves garlic See Note 1
- 400 ml tomato soup
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes plain, no herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup parsely
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs italian herbs See Note 2
Tomato Spaghetti Method
- Add water to a medium sized sauce pan with lid on and bring to the boil (See Note 3)
- Add dried spaghetti and olive oil, cook for 8 minutes, using a fork to separate pasta strands
- Drain and set aside
- Cut garlic into small pieces
- Add a drop or 2 of olive oil to pan to keep it from burning. Add garlic and fry off till fragrant (2 mins)
- Add tomato soup, crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and Italian herbs to garlic and stir to combine
- Add spaghetti back into saucepan and stir till sauce is consistently mixed in
- Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese
- NOTE 1: If you or your family do not enjoy the taste of garlic, then you can simply leave it out!
- NOTE 2: If you don't have Italian Herbs, Oregano will work instead (no need to rush out just for one ingredient)
- NOTE 3: Having the lid on the saucepan when heating the water will mean it heats much faster. I sometimes also boil the kettle and use that water when I am in a hurry.
- NOTE 4: An Australian tablespoon (20ml) is slightly larger than an American tablespoon (15ml), this is a good thing to keep in mind for my recipes but if it is essential for recipe success, I will always draw your attention to that. For this recipe a few extra herbs don't make too much difference, however, less is better than overdoing it!
My recipes come from my heart to you as I love cooking and writing about food.
It makes me so happy when I hear feedback on my recipes!
Thank-you for coming, if it is your 1st time in coming to the blog, it is lovely to have you here!
I can recommend these dishes as a starting point:
- Orange Cacao Bliss Balls (recipe is here)
- Crispy Chicken BLT Salad (recipe is here)
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart (recipe is here)
If cooking Dinner Recipes lights your fire, then check out these delicious dishes: