Sausage Spaghetti with a simple tomato sauce is heaven on a plate! Cherry Tomato Basil Pasta is a winning combination and is such a quick and easy recipe making dinner fuss free and fast!
Using fresh basil is a great alternative to spinach and rocket and brings a herby freshness to dishes
Beef Sausage Pasta
Sausages are an easy ingredient to use for a quick pasta dish.
Whether you use leftover sausages or cook the sausages and add them to the pasta, each way gives you a quick meat based pasta with little prep time.
Spaghetti with sausage is an easy pairing and combined with some cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a simple tomato sauce, your pasta can be Italian inspired and delicious!
Sausage Spaghetti (or your favourite Pasta) ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- sausages (beef, chicken, pork or vegetarian)
- basil leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- tomato soup
- crushed tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
If using left over sausages, simply chop into pieces and reheat with the cherry tomatoes!
How to make Sausage Spaghetti (or your favourite pasta)
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Make the pasta sauce by combining tomato soup (Photo 1)
- With the crushed tomatoes (Photo 2)
- Salt and pepper (Photo 3)
- And stir to combine (Photo 4)
Once your sauce is mixed together, set it aside so you can get the pasta and sausages under way
- Use a knife to chop the sausages and tomatoes (Photo 5)
- Transfer to a skillet or fry pan (Photo 6)
- Cook for 5 mins till sausage pieces are heated through (Photo 7)
- Pour pasta sauce over sausages and tomatoes and stir to combine (Photo 8)
Sausage Spaghetti recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 8 total ingredients for this recipe!
- you can use spaghetti, fettucine, or your favourite pasta
- or use your favourite type of pasta!
- this recipe will feed 4-6 people depending on portion size
- we cook the sausages and cherry tomatoes together before adding them to the pasta
- you can use spinach leaves in place of the basil leaves if you like!
FAQs about Easy Sausage Spaghetti
- this is a super easy recipe that is quick to prepare
- the pasta sauce is so simple to stir together
- the sausages and cherry tomatoes will only take 5 mins to cook
- add the basil leaves in and simply stir, they don’t get cooked or heated
Your quick questions answered:
- I used leftover cooked sausages (honey beef)
- the salt and pepper is added to the sauce for seasoning
- the recipe takes less than 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- cook the spaghetti till it is al dente! (to add a little more bite to the dish)
- a pesto based sauce can be substituted for the tomato pasta sauce
- use Italian Sausage for a traditional Italian Sausage Spaghetti
- freeze the cooked dish for easy meals during the week
This spaghetti will seem a little lighter in the belly than a full on spag bowl which has a higher meat to pasta ratio.
Everyone loves spaghetti and it is the ultimate comfort food! Here are some further pasta recipes and ideas you might like to try:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Artichoke Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 1 bunch basil leaves Note 2
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes Note 3
- 400 grams condensed tomato soup Note 4
- 4 sausages
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to package instructions
- Drain and set aside
- Use a knife to cut sausages into small bite sized pieces and cherry tomatoes in halves
- Add sausage pieces and cherry tomatoes to a skillet and cook for 3-4 mins until heated through
- Make the pasta sauce by combining the crushed tomatoes, condensed tomato soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the cooked sausages and tomatoes
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and stir together with the sauce, sausage pieces and tomatoes
- Pull basil leaves from stems and add to the top of the pasta
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 You can use your favorite pasta, eg penne, curly, fettuccine, linguine etc.
- Note 2 The basil leaves really make this dish.I encourage you to try them. If you don't want the basil flavour in the pasta, you can use spinach or rocket leaves instead.
- Note 3 You can also use diced tomatoes if you like. Or whole peeled tomatoes and chop them into smaller pieces with kitchen scissors.
- Note 4 I use this ingredient in a number of pasta dishes. It has a great rich tomato flavour plus is a good size for sauces. You can use passata as a substitute, the only down size being that it will come in a larger 700 gram bottle and you will have leftovers or an extra saucy pasta if you choose to use more (as to not waste the rest of the bottle).
Spaghetti, doesn’t it put a smile on your face just thinking about it?
This recipe gives you a modern way of taking a classic dish and making it fit this busy, hectic world of ours.
Some days you will want a traditional spagh bowl and others a pesto pasta.
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
The sausages will be sizzling in your kitchen, I’ve got you covered, so go get your sizzle on.