This Rocky Road is a chocolate lovers dream! It combines milk and white chocolate and envelopes marshmellows, nuts, coconut and strawberry liquorice twists!!
Hi ho folks! I know you are going to LOVE this Rocky Road recipe….it is smooth and oh so dreamy, it will be hard to stop at having just the one piece.
It is definitely possible to make this recipe on a work night as it is not too complicated and the Rocky Road takes hardly anytime at all to set.
There are a few key tasks involved such as cutting the marshmellows in half and the liquorice in thirds. Once that is done, the next most time consuming task is to melt the chocolate, but I find this a very therapeutic and enjoyable task especially after a long day at the office!
I melt my chocolate in a metal bowl over a saucepan which is filled with water. Let your breathing slow and watch as the little chocolate bits melt and become this beautiful shiny, chocolaty liquid.
The hardest part here will be to make sure you don’t stick your finger in the bowl, I admit it is very tempting as the chocolate looks so delicious at this part of the process.
Once the ingredients are combined, you just pop the contents into a lined baking tray and transfer to the fridge. In no time at all your Rocky Road will be done and ready to be cut up into portions.
Depending on your need, you can make big chunky pieces or smaller more bite sized portions. The recipe will give you enough to serve at least 12 people and that is with quite big portion sizes, so go for the option that suits you best!
Chocolate Lovers Rocky Road
- 1 350g milk chocolate melts
- 1 250g white chocolate melts
- 1 250g pink and white marshmallows
- 1/3 cup granulated nuts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup strawberry liquorice pieces
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Cut marshmallows in halves and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Cut liquorice into thirds and add to the bowl
- Add coconut and nuts
- Fill a saucepan 2/3 of the way with water, place a heatproof bowl on the top and add chocolate melts to the bowl. Stir continuously until all chocolate is melted
- Pour melted chocolate into bowl with other ingredients and stir to combine
- Transfer mix to lined baking tray, use a large flat spoon to push Rocky Road into corners of the tray
- Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours
- The chocolate will burn quickly if you don't keep an eye on it. As soon as the last piece looses its form, remove from heat
- Use kitchen scissors to cut marshmellows and liquorice into pieces
- Clean your bowl that had the chocolate after you have put the Rocky Road into the fridge as the remaining chocolate on the bowl will set quickly and it will take ages to clean if you don't get onto it straight away
- This will last in the fridge for at least 10 days
- Can be made ahead of time
Seeing we are on the topic of chocolate….I am going to share a couple of my other favourite recipes using this beautiful ingredient. The ones I think you will like best are:
But, if you are after something with the taste of chocolate, albiet a little bit healthier, than the best option for you is these:
Hope you have a great weekend planned. I will be getting my yoga on for sure and making the most of the QLD sunshine.