Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl is for dinner tonight!
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl is one for a night where you don’t have a lot of time but still want maximum flavour!
Noo, noo, noodles!! Ermadgawd how I LOVE noodles!! I live near to an awesome Vietnamese hub where they make delicious noodle bowls and sometimes I think if it was just that bit closer I would eat there everyday. The food is THAT good and you get such an authentic eating experience.
To recreate that experience but an at home version and to make it as simple as 1, 2 ,3, I have come up with this delicious and easy noodle bowl that is sure to have you picking up the bowl and shoving your face into it to get every last drop of the yummy dish (sorry, not sorry, you will, we did).
How to make a Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl?
The added bonus of this meal is that it is quick to prepare and you could make it on a week night, or for a work lunch if you had a hankering for some noodles and your coworkers don’t mind the slurping sounds coming from your desk.
So, I am going to assume you have leftover chicken or a fresh roast chicken for this recipe. You could go to the extent of poaching your own chicken and then adding it to the dish, but that would add loads of time to the meal prep and that is not what this recipe is about. (I will chat to you guys another time about how to prepare a chicken you can use for salads, lunches, soups, but for this recipe – remember the motto ‘how can I make things easier for myself?’ (Hint – keep scrolling down to the recipe and I will tell you).
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 2 70g brown rice noodle cups chicken flavour
- 1 cup chicken shredded rotisserie
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1 tbsp linseeds
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Bowl Method
- Boil the kettle and pour boiling water into cup of soup containers, leave to sit for 3 mins
- Once done, drain but keep broth and add noodles to base of serving bowl
- Pour 1/2 cups of broth (disguard other 1/2) into bowl, top noodles with fresh coriander and chicken then garnish with linseeds
- I used the brown rice noodles as they are SO much healthier than the white ones (read the nutritional info and you will be AMAZED).
- I do use the chicken seasoning and oil in the packet, but not the little packet of dried peas/corn
- The linseed's can be found in the healthy aisle of the supermarket or health food store (hello fibre, probably should be embarrassed about saying that, but no apologies as I am not).
If you like this recipe another one you might be interested in checking out is this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. It also has noodles and is a heart warming and delicious bowl of goodness. Or you might like to make Pad Thai instead of getting take out and this recipe is a fabulous go to for authentic tasting Thai at home. If you are not in the mood for noodles tonight, why not try something completely different and in that case, I would recommend this super awesome vegetarian Artichoke and Blue cheese pizza or if pasta is more your thing, you could try this Mushroom Spaghetti which sometimes has me dreaming about it, when I should (scratch that, could) be doing more productive things.
There are a lot more Asian style ideas on my Pinterest – Asian foods board, if you want to whet your appetite and gather some further food inspiration!
Let me know if you give this dish a whirl, I would love to know what you think. If you share a picture on instagram use the hashtag #sweetcaramelsunday I would love to check it out!