Peach Tartlets have to be the most popular of all peach recipes!! Peach tarts with puff pastry make a decadent dessert that is just like our Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart recipe using another delicious fruit!
How to Make Vegan Peach Tartlets?
These peach tarts were not created simply because they are vegan. In fact...it was actually AFTER I had made them, that I realised 'huh, well, there you go, my peach tarts are actually VEGAN!' I crouched down on my knees in front of the fridge with the jar of marmalade in hand as I scanned the contents. Then I raced to my computer and googled the puff pastry and as it uses oil and not butter, epiphany... it too was vegan!
So this, my friends is a vegan dessert to knock literal socks off!
A recipe for peach tarts is often not vegan not only due to non vegan pastries, but also as many people use an egg wash to get the golden brown toasted edges to their pastries. Alas not, my dear friends as I have you covered with that as we use a marmalade syrup. This results in the finished product that we want, without using eggs to achieve that.
Often you will see peach tarts or puff pastry tarts served with vanilla ice-cream. Yes, that is a delicious and winning combination. But one of the intentions of this recipe was to create a dessert where you don't have to run out and get all of the ingredients. Rather you can turn to the fridge and look in the pantry and then go for it!
Ingredients for Peach Tarlets
So, I looked in my pantry and found...a can of coconut cream. I have been wanting to share with you the joys of whipped coconut cream for ages and today I finally can.
Dairy cream is not in every household fridge and it is one of those 'go out and buy' ingredients. But....I always have coconut cream in the pantry (you already know about my obsession with yellow thai curries....and if you don't read this now). Otherwise, you will be missing out on one of life's delicious delights.
Anyhoo, all you need to do to whip the coconut cream is put a can in the fridge overnight, then scoop and whip the next day. I repeat....scoop and whip and scoop and whip, sounds therapeutic doesn't it!!
Peach Tartlets questions answered:
About the recipe:
- These are PERFECT to make at the last minute for unexpected guests
- The recipe is VEGAN
- The marmalade syrup is made with only 2 ingredients!!
- There is no egg, dairy or cheese in the recipe
To answer your questions:
- Peach tartlets as seriously decadent and delicious!
- You only need 1 sheet of pastry to make 4 tarts.
- The recipe has only 7 ingredients!!
- This is a SUPER EASY dish to pull together
Let’s whip up these peach tartlets together…I've got you covered with a video AND step by step photos:
I used and highly recommend store bought (vegan) puff pastry for these Peach Tartlets. It is a product that you can have in the freezer 'on hand' and then whip these up if you have last minute guests. There is no kneading or waiting for dough to proof and that is what these tarts are all about. They are simple...they are easy....they are quick to bring together!
For the marmalade syrup, you mix together equal parts marmalade and water. This makes a sweet syrup that is easy to use to coat the pastry with. The best thing is we also then use that syrup to make sure our pastry is going to turn a nice golden brown colour in the oven as well as adding a little sweetener to our pastry as we serve it.
If you haven't tried whipped coconut cream, you need to ASAP!! I added a weeny bit of vanilla essence and icing sugar as I would when I whip dairy cream and boy oh buy IT IS GOOD!!! One thing to keep in mind is that it will set again in the fridge, so it is best to make it and serve it at the same time.
Once you make these and try them hot from the oven and with a dollop of whipped coconut cream, you will never want to buy a store made pastry again!!
Vegan Peach Tartlets Recipe (video)
Peach Tartlets Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 peaches rinsed
Marmalade Syrup Recipe
- ¼ cup marmalade
- ¼ cup water
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 400ml tin coconut cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
IMPORTANT TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- FOR THE WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM YOU NEED TO PUT THE TIN IN THE FRIDGE AND LEAVE IT OVERNIGHT (8-24 HRS)
Peach Tartlets Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees F 82.2 degrees C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Take puff pastry out of freezer and set one piece on the bench to defrost
- Cut peaches in half and then into thin slices
- Make marmalade syrup and use a pastry brush to coat lightly cover the sheet of puff pastry
- Cut pastry in half and then half again
- Transfer puff pastry squares to baking tray
- Add peach slices to each of the squares of pastry
- Roll the 4 edges of the pastry into the center of the tartlets to form a crust
- Use the pastry brush to coat the edges of the pastry with the marmalade syrup, add a few drops onto the peaches
- Bake for 5 minutes, before sliding the baking sheet off the baking tray and placing the tray on a lower rack. Bake for a further 5 minutes
- Top with whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of marmalade syrup
Marmalade Syrup Recipe
- Combine marmalade and water in a blender jug and blitz to combine
Whipped Coconut Cream
- Remove coconut cream from the fridge. Open it and scoop the white firm cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla essence and icing sugar
- Use a hand held electric mixer to whip cream until soft, firm peaks form
- These tarts will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. They won't be as toasty and warm as when they are fresh from the oven, but as leftovers they are not too bad.
- If you want a thicker marmalade syrup, use double the marmalade to the water quantity ie ½ cup marmalade and ¼ cup of water.
- You will need to refrigerate the coconut cream overnight before making this recipe. If you keep a can of this in the fridge (on a regular basis) you will be good to go for those unexpected guests 🙂
- The reason the recipe says to remove the baking tray and place it on a lower rack halfway through cooking is to allow the middle of the pastries to crispy up nicely.
- Nutrition Facts
Serving Size Per tartlet Serves 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 355
% Daily Value*Total Fat 23.7g 36%
Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 155.4mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 31.2g 10% Sugars 2.5g
Protein 4.8g 10% Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 41%
As always hit me up if you have questions about this or any of my other recipes, there are plenty to read on the blog. I could talk about food forever!
A few of my favourites recipes are:
- Turmeric Energy Balls Recipe (this recipe has a video to make it easy for you to follow)
- Coconut Granola Recipe (this recipe also has a video for you)
- Raw Broccoli Hummus Recipe (also has a video for you)
I am usually hanging out here on Sweet Caramel Sunday so you will likely get a fast response if you have any queries
If baking up a dessert storm (sorry I had to!! haha) then here are some recipes you might enjoy: