Green Smoothie – with only 3 ingredients, that sounds like a morning war cry to me…Green Smoothie, Green Smoothie, oh baby, let’s have a Green Smoothie to start our day off the right way (yooooooooooooooooow!!)
How do I make a Green Smoothie recipe?
A green smoothie is super easy to make! You just need to have the right combination of ingredients, then blend it all up and go!
I realised today that I hadn’t given you guys my all time favourite Green Smoothie recipe. I couldn’t believe it and I had to check that twice as this smoothie has been a go to for me for a long, long time now. It is easy to make and has only 3 ingredients. It is a perfect way to start your day as it has a big hit of spinach and I know that on the days that I haven’t had one of these Green Smoothies for breakfast I don’t feel 1/2 as good as the days when I have.
Whilst it is winter here and I am regularly starting my day with my Raspberry Oat Smoothie, I know my friends in the U S of A are in their summer time, so I thought I would get to sharing it right away!
This is what I want from a breakfast smoothie:
- Easy preparation
- Tastes good and no ‘ugh’ feeling towards ‘healthy’
- Nice colour (I have made so smoothies in my day that turned a funny colour, I am sure you have too)
- Something that I won’t get bored of
This is why this Green Smoothie achieves those goals:
- You can literally throw it all in one blender jug and blitz, no hard work involved.
- The healthy greens of the spinach combined with the oh so sweet mango is a balanced way of saying ‘I got this…’
- Super vibrant and green, enough said
- I have literally made this millions of times and will make it millions more (you till too).
I know that when you give this recipe a whirl and then whip it up for yourself, you will want to make it over and over again.
Here is hoping you had a great hump day and are counting down to the weekend…..it seems SO close!!
If you make this recipe and want to upload a photo (I would love to see) you can do that via the pin on my recipes board >> Sweet Caramel Sunday Recipes board >> Pinterest
Green Smoothie (using 3 ingredients only!!)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add spinach, mango and coconut water to blender jug and blitz to combine
- Top with chia seeds
- I make this smoothie and drink it soon after.
- You can keep it in the fridge for at least a day, however, it will start to loose the nice consistency of texture if left for too long.
- You can also add KALE if you want even more greens.
- I regularly buy frozen mango pieces from the grocery store, they keep in the freezer really well and are oh so handy!!
Now, I want to fill your cook book with a few more ideas………..some of my favourite smoothies on SCS are:
On those mornings you want a little bit more than a liquid breakfast, why not combine a chia pudding with a smoothie mix and here is a recipe suggestion on how to do that………
Enjoy your Thursday and Friday, I am sure that you are just as excited about the coming weekend as I am…not long now!
Adrianne x (I had yoga tonight so I am feeling SUPER ZEN right now).
P.S. If you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, I would love you to do that. Email is the best way for you to get NEW RECIPES and photos straight to your inbox and you can sign up easily via the box at the bottom of this page or SUBSCRIBE HERE.