Chocolate Granola Bark meets snack time! Rich dark chocolate, topped with crunchy granola takes this healthy Chocolate Granola Bark to the next level!
Homemade Granola is so simple and easy to make! Combine that with melted chocolate and we are onto something! Set and forget like our Slow Cooker Granola recipe. Or pressure cook to perfection like the Instant Pot Granola recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Granola Bark?
My friends over at The Bircher Bar recently sent me some absolutely delicious granola. Their Energy Mix is paleo, gluten free and simply delicious!! I used it for my Chocolate Covered Pears recipe and was amazed at how tasty it is! There is REAL macadamia nuts in it.
The combination of the crunchy texture of the granola pairs with the bitterness of the dark chocolate to give you a chocolate fix at snack time that also has health benefits!
I don't know about you, but if I have a block of sweet chocolate in the fridge, I find it disappears FAST!! Dark chocolate lasts much longer around here and I think the fact that the dark chocolate is not as sweet means that you have your fix and are satisfied without overdoing it!
Recipes using melted chocolate
Chocolate Bark is a quite and easy recipe to make which looks like it takes a lot more effort than it actually does.
These recipes are all fun and yet simple at the same time:
- Dark Chocolate Bark (recipe is here)
- Halloween Bark (recipe is here)
- White Chocolate Bark (recipe is here)
- Snowman Chocolate Bark (recipe is here)
If you are after a chocolate dessert or snack which looks great and is easy to prepare, then chocolate bark is it!
Can I make Vegan Chocolate Bark?
To make this recipe entirely VEGAN, you would need to make one change to the ingredients list and buy vegan chocolate (most local grocery stores sell it) instead of the regular dark chocolate. It is that easy!
Dessert for a dinner party
We all know that desserts are fun and can be the life of the party, but that doesn't mean that you need to spend hours preparing them. I LOVE making desserts. But I also love making desserts that are quick and easy.
You will love these options as they are time friendly!
- Passionfruit Tart (recipe is here)
- Banoffee Tart (recipe is here)
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart (recipe is here)
- Peach Tartlets (recipe is here)
If you are after quick dessert ideas, I recommend checking out some of my puff pastry tarts on the blog!
Chocolate Granola Bark Questions answered:
About the recipe:
- Dark chocolate is best as the bark won't be overly sweet!
- The granola is ready to go as it
- This is a super fast recipe to prepare!
- You only need 2 ingredients to make this bark.
To answer your questions:
- The bark can be prepared ahead of time
- The recipe is not suitable to freeze
- You can make circles or a traditional rectangular block of chocolate bark
- The dark chocolate melts are available from the cooking section of your supermarket
- This is a SUPER EASY snack to make
This Chocolate Granola Bark is a fun recipe! Kids would love to help in the kitchen too and this is an easy recipe for them to be a part of!
Chocolate Granola Bark
Chocolate Granola Bark
- 125 grams dark chocolate melts or bits
- ⅓ cup energy mix granola (From The Bircher Bar)
Chocolate Granola Bark Method
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Add your melts to a microwave safe container. Heat for 1 minute on high. Take out and stir. Repeat heating in 3 x 30 second segments, stiring in between.
- Spoon chocolate onto baking tray using a soup spoon
- Sprinkle granola over melted chocolate and then place tray in the fridge
- Bark will be set in 30 minutes
- Be careful to not overheat the chocolate which happens so easily! If you stir the chocolate as it melts you will see that it is ready just as the last melts or chips loose their shape and become liquid
Melting Chocolate to make chocolate bark
Melting chocolate if fun! It is therapeutic! It makes you enjoy the moment and find happiness in an easy kitchen task. I know I have felt myself sigh with joy when I stir my spoon around a pot of melted chocolate and I guarantee you will too!
There is much fun to be had in one's kitchen with a bowl of melted chocolate and a spoon!
If you are new to Sweet Caramel Sunday, thanks for coming. I love sharing my passion for cooking and food with you and I love hearing that you find inspiration in my recipes.
A few ideas that you might like to try out are:
- Orange Cacao Bliss Balls (recipe is here)
- Garlic Mushrooms (recipe is here)
- Tofu Pad Thai (recipe is here)
Or for all my dessert ideas, you can find them here: