Chocolate Covered Strawberries are for dessert tonight! If you are after a fancy looking treat for your next dinner party, choose between our Chocolate Covered Pears and our chocolate dipped strawberries!
Chocolate recipes to float your boat include our Super Easy 4 Ingredient Rocky Road, the decadent Dark Chocolate Rocky Road our Super Easy Dark Chocolate Bark and our Rocky Road (Chocolate Lovers Dream).
Strawberries are very abundant in Queensland at the moment and very cheap! You can pick up a punnet at the grocery store for as little as $1!!! That is cheaper than the cost of fuel. There was literally no doubt when I heard on the news that we had a serious ‘strawberry overload’ in this part of Australia, that I knew I had to run out and get a few punnets.
Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries, are super easy and fun! There is only the 2 ingredients and the ‘yum’ factor is certainly achieved. There is also a visual ‘wow’ as they look so beautiful and appealing to the eye!
How to make chocolate covered strawberries
Melt the chocolate and dip away….you will find the task very enjoyable!
About the recipe:
- For this recipe, I have used dark chocolate. But they work just as well with milk or white, whichever takes your fancy!
- The chocolate will set on the strawberries very quickly, in as little as 10 minutes
- I find larger strawberries easier to dip than smaller ones
- You have to use fresh not frozen strawberries
I think it is the combination of 2 of our favourite indulgences – the rich dark chocolate and the bright beautiful strawberries that make this dish a winner. Call them Chocolate Strawberries, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries or Chocolate Coated Strawberries, either way, your guests will anticipate dessert when they know these are on the menu! Ermagawd yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum (just saying!)
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 2 250g punnets fresh strawberries larger is better than smaller
- 1 290g dark chocolate melts buttons not chips
- Line a baking tray with alfoil and a slight spray of olive oil
- Rinse strawberries and use a long skewer to pierce from stem to tip
- Fill a medium sized saucepan ½ way with water
- Place a heat proof bowl over the top and place chocolate melts into the bowl
- Turn the heat on to a medium temperature and stir as the chocolate melts
- Turn heat off as soon as the last piece of chocolate melts and stir thoroughly
- Tip bowl of melted chocolate onto a slight angle so the chocolate is in a big pool
- Dip strawberries into chocolate one by one up leaving a little bit of the actual strawberry uncovered. Place on alfoil tray once covered
- Refrigerate for at least 10 -15 minutes to cool the chocolate and allow it to set
- You can make these without the skewers, but they do make the strawberries look that tiny bit fancier! And they are easier for guests to pick up if you use them
- If using the skewers try and find the small party style ones you can see in my photos. If not, just dip the strawberries (don't use super long BBQ ones!)
- The chocolate will burn really quickly if it is over cooked, keep an eye on it the whole time.
- Warning, this is a SERIOUSLY addictive treat, you will be tempted to eat the whole lot and stick your finger in the melted chocolate (I would advise against this, it will be VERY HOT!)
- These are best served cold - straight from the fridge, into your mouth, haha, just kidding!
Seeing we are on the topic of chocolate, I want to give you some more ideas to get your heart beating faster. My favourites on the blog are:
- Super Easy 4 Ingredient Rocky Road
- Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
- Super Easy Dark Chocolate Bark
- Rocky Road (Chocolate Lovers Dream)
Thanks for coming to my blog, I LOVE having you here and I know you will LOVE my recipes.